IN THE EVENT OF AN ACCIDENT
The best way to handle an accident is to be prepared ahead of time. To help, we’ve complied a checklist of suggested tips. We encourage you to print this out or save it where it can be easily referenced should you get into an accident.
Before the Accident:
Keep the important papers close. Vehicle registration, emergency contacts, and an extra pen and paper
Know how to access the insurance certificate through the waybill.
At the Accident Scene
Accidents can be stressful for all parties involved. If tensions are running high, a situation can easily escalate. When dealing with an accident and those involved, it’s best to remain as calm and level-headed as possible.
- If you are able, move the car to a safe place out of traffic and turn your hazard lights on.
- If there are injuries or you need police assistance, call 911.
If you are able, collect the following key information at the scene of the accident. This is basic information that you’ll need to in order to report an accident or file a claim:
- Your location
- Names and phone numbers for passengers, witnesses, and other driver
- Insurance company info and policy number for all other driver
- Make, model and license plate for all other vehicles involved
- If you can, take photographs of the scene and/or vehicles with a smartphone
- Statements from other drivers, riders, emergency responders or witnesses are also extremely helpful in speeding along the resolution process
You should also provide the insurance information for your trip to the other drivers in the accident and the police. Again, you can find this information in the waybill for the trip.
After the Accident
- Report the accident to the Uber support teams via firstname.lastname@example.org or in the app as soon as it is safe to do so. You’ll be asked to fill out the Incident Report Form, available here. It’s best to return this quickly.
- To ensure that all issues are resolved as quickly as possible, please respond promptly to any potential question(s) of the insurance claim adjuster assigned to you.
You can access and print a copy of the appropriate certificate here