1 Year Driving History - California
If you signed up to drive with Uber and recently had a new license issued, you will need to indicate you have had a US license for at least one year (three years if you are 21 or 22) to successfully complete your background check.
Providing 1-Year Driving History
A 1 year driving history may provided by:
- Displaying a driving license with an issue date of 1 year or longer, or
- Displaying a driving history record
If You DO NOT Have Your Previous License
If you don’t have your previous driver’s license, the easiest way to prove driving history in California is to:
- Request H6 print-out from the DMV. Application can be found here.
- Part 1: Fill box at the top certifying the information is a true copy of DMV records.
- Complete section A, D, and E.
- Complete and check "Current Record" for section B.
- Part 2: Repeat the above information.
- Once Motor Vehicle record is obtained, submit the document to https://applicant.checkr.com/
If your prior license was not issued in California, please click here:
If You Still Have Your Previous License
If you still have your previous driver’s license (or a picture / photocopy), all you need to do is provide a photo of that driver’s license to Checkr.
Click on “Upload Required Documents” to submit your previous driver’s license.
Need more help?
You can always visit your local California DMV in person and request a copy of your driving record. For a list of DMV locations near you, click below.
If you have additional questions, feel free to visit help.uber.com. We're happy to help!