Last week we met up with Noe, one of our top-rated partner drivers in Connecticut, to learn a bit more about life behind the wheel as an uberX driver. A New Haven University graduate and National Guard service member, Noe is a determined entrepreneurial go-getter who’s not going to shy away from a challenge. Connecticut, meet Noe.
Noe took us to one of his favorite Colombian restaurants, where we shared his favorite stuffed avocado with shrimp and plantains.
We met up with Noe at one of his favorite Colombian restaurants in Bridgeport, where he grew up and currently lives. Immediately upon meeting him, it was clear this guy could be good at whatever he put his mind to. When it comes to being an uberX partner driver, he’s got his “5-Star Strategy” down pat.
“I always have a cooler with chilled water bottles for riders, and then cans of Red Bull for the weekend crowd,” explains Noe. He also always dresses to impress and makes sure his car, a Ford Fusion, is in tip-top shape. “It’s important to make people feel comfortable when they step into your car.” With the sun roof open and the Chill Sirius radio station grooving in the background, it’s hard not to feel at ease when cruising with Noe.
During our visit we trekked out to the lighthouse at the end of the jetty in Seaside Park.
Noe made a valiant effort to wade through the dune grass and puddles to reach the lighthouse.
More Fun Facts About Noe:
- He received a degree in Criminal Justice with a minor in Marketing from New Haven University
- He plays the saxophone in a band that plays regularly at the bandshell in Bridgeport
- Noe has his own plot in a community garden, where he grows tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, jalapeños, squash, and other vegetables
- He’s a loyal Patriots and Red Sox fan
- His daily run includes a 6-mile loop along the beach in Seaside Park
- When he’s not working, there’s a good chance you can find him at the movies