How Delivery Trips Work
- When you receive a request, the top of your screen will say "Delivery" to indicate that it is an uberEATS trip. You can accept the delivery trip by tapping the screen.
- Tap "Navigate," and the app will direct you to the pickup location.
When you arrive at the pickup, go inside and show a restaurant staff member the app. That will tell them which order to pickup. Bags are not required in San Diego.
- Tap “Verify Items” in the app to ensure that you've picked up the correct items.
- Once you are back in your vehicle with your items, slide "Start Trip" and click "navigate." The app will direct you to the dropoff location, just like a normal trip.
- When you arrive at the dropoff location, the requester will meet you curbside. Once you have delivered their food, just swipe to end the trip!
Don't have a bag? No problem, a bag is not required to make deliveries with Uber.
Want to know what makes a trip 5 stars? Get pro tips from highly rated drivers-partners on how to provide great service to restaurants and eaters.
- Dress to impress Restaurants and Eaters will appreciate your professionalism
- Navigate efficiently Not familiar with the area? Driver-partners suggest choosing the navigation app you like most to ensure that you are timely and maximize your time on trips
- Make Pickups & Drop-offs smooth You might have to enter the restaurant to pick up the food, but delivery to the customer is always curbside
- Pick up the correct item Verify the order number on your phone to make sure you pick up the correct item
- Also drive on uberX? Smart, you can maximize your earnings by doing both X and Eats. Use the same app!
Delivery Hours and Area
Hours of operation in San Diego are 7am-1am. Busiest times for delivery are 11am-2pm, and 5pm-9pm
You'll only receive requests for delivery in UberEats Service areas, which reach from Oceanside, east to Escondido and La Mesa, down south to the border.
Base Fare: $0
per Mile: $1.10
per Minute: $0.15
Base Fare: $3.50
per Mile: $1.30
per Minute: $0
Want to make some extra cash?
Refer your friends and family to be UberEATS couriers!
Use your partner app to send the referral invite, you'll make $200 and your referee $50 after they take 40 trips.
For questions, please reach out to us at help.uber.com
or urgent issues during your delivery, call our support line at 1-800-587-6008