How and when payments happen
- Each pay period begins on Monday 4:00AM and ends on the following Monday at 3:59AM.
- You will receive an email on Mondays with a link to your pay statement. You can also log in to your Partner Dashboard at partners.uber.com and click on 'Payment Statements' on the lefthand side to see each weekly statement. Monthly and annual financial summaries are also available.
- If you are VAT-registered, you must provide your VAT number under the Invoice Settings section your Partner Dashboard (as per our Services Agreement) so we can generate trip invoices that show VAT on trip fares.
Your payments are provided via direct deposit into your bank account every Thursday/Friday, depending on your bank's processing time.
- If you have not yet entered your banking information, you can do so securely at vault.uber.com. Please make sure your bank account details are accurate and that you keep your partner account password protected.
How to enter your bank details
Watch this short video about entering your bank details into vault.uber.com to get paid.
How payments are calculated
The fare you see when you end a trip will not be the final amount you are paid for that trip but the total amount charged to the rider. There are several things that make up this number:
- Trip Fare: based on the time and distance of the trip; rates can be found in the products section of the website. Tolls are automatically added to fares.
- Miscellaneous Payments: includes incentives, referrals, data subscription fees and any other miscellaneous items applied to your payment.
- Uber Fee: the Uber service fee associated with each trip, which is applied as a % of the trip fare. This fee goes toward use of the Uber platform, including support, credit card processing fees, and marketing to increase rider demand for your services. Note that the Uber fee is never applied to any miscellaneous payments.