1 Year Driving History - South Dakota
If you signed up to drive with Uber and recently had a new license issued, you will need to indicate you have had a US license for at least one year (three years if you are 21 or 22) to successfully complete your background check.
Providing 1-Year Driving History
A 1 year driving history may be provided by:
- Displaying a driving license with an issue date of 1 year or longer, or
- Displaying a driving history record
If You DO NOT Have Your Previous License
If you don’t have your previous driver’s license, the easiest way to prove driving history in South Dakota is to:
- Complete a Notarized Clearance Letter request form (found here) and submit to MVD.
Note: Write at the top of the request - "need original issue date".
- Once document is obtained, have it notarized.
- Submit copy of document to https://applicant.checkr.com/
If your prior license was not issued in South Dakota, please click here:
If You Still Have Your Previous License
If you still have your previous driver’s license (or a picture / photocopy), all you need to do is provide a photo of that driver’s license to Checkr.
Click on “Upload Required Documents” to submit your previous driver’s license.
Need more help?
You can always visit your local South Dakota DMV in person and request a copy of your driving record. For a list of DMV locations near you, click below.
If you have additional questions, feel free to visit help.uber.com. We're happy to help!