UberEATS - Bicycle
UberEATS is a food delivery platform that allows eaters in your city to order food from a restaurant at the push of a button and have it delivered to their door by an Uber delivery partner.
The UberEATS trip starts with a hungry person who orders food from a restaurant using the UberEATS app. When the restaurant has received the request, they will start to prepare the order.
- Only when the order is READY will a courier be requested to pick the order up from the restaurant.
- Once you pick the order up from the restaurant you will be directed to the eater’s location to give them the order.
What are the keys to success on UberEATS?
UberEATS is a food delivery platform which means high quality service involves:
- Completing the trip in the shortest amount of time; and
- Ensuring the meal is not damaged and is at the same temperature it was at when the restaurant handed it over
1. Completing a trip quickly
Use the pick up instructions in the app to find the best place to park / wait at the restaurant
The ONLY way you can find these is if you use UBER MAPS (if you use Google Maps or WAZE then you will have to click back into the Uber app to find the pick up instructions)
Once you have received the food from the restaurant, make your way to the eater’s location using the most efficient route. When you reach the eater’s location, we suggest that you park your bicycle and hand over the order at the eater’s door (so long as parking and security allows you to reach the eater’s door!). If you cannot reach the eater’s door, you can give them a call through the Uber app to coordinate the pick-up.
2. Delivering a tasty meal
Uber has provided you with an insulated food delivery bag – make sure you have this with you at all times! The insulated food delivery backpack ensures two things:
- The food temperature is maintained; and
- Avoids spillage
What to remember being going online?
Make sure you wear a helmet and have your insulated food delivery backpack strapped firmly to your back, as shown in the image.
When and where are eaters are requesting UberEATS?
UberEATS gets super busy between 6pm to 9pm each night of the week. UberEATS bicycle partners will only be able to receive trip requests from the following restaurants:
- On it Burger - 28 Bayswater Rd, Sydney, Potts Point, 2010
- Butter - 6 Hunt St, Surry Hills, NSW, 2010
- Bene Cafe - 225 George Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000
- Burger Bro Sydney - 53 Martin Place, Sydney, NSW, 2000
- Cafe 80 - 14-28 Ultimo Rd, Ultimo, NSW, 2007
- Capital Thai - 17-21 Campbell St, Haymarket, NSW, 2000
- Fratelli Fresh Bridge St - 11 Bridge St, Sydney, NSW, 2000
- Fratelli Fresh Macquarie St - 229-231 Macquarie St, Sydney, NSW, 2000
- La Mesa - 19 Goulburn St, Haymarket, NSW, 2000
- Nok Nok Thai Eating House - 9/1-25 Harbour St, Sydney, NSW, 2000
- Pressed Juices MLC - 135 King St, Sydney, NSW, 2000
- Pressed Juices The Galeries - 500 George St, Sydney, NSW, 2000
- Stitch Bar - 61 York St, Sydney, NSW, 2000
- The Cupcake Bakery - 320B George St, Sydney, NSW, 2000
- Juicy Lucy - 232 Elizabeth St, Surry Hills, NSW, 2010
- Friggitoria - 6/12 Bayswater Rd, Potts Point, NSW, 2010
- Guilty - 248 Palmer St, Darlinghurst, NSW, 2010
- Chur Burger - 48 Albion St, Sydney, NSW, 2010
- Cheekyburger - 312 Oxford St, Paddington, NSW, 2021
- Ze Pickle - 17-51 Foveaux St, Surry Hills, NSW, 2010
See the interactive map below to get acquainted with the location each of the restaurants:
How to complete an UberEATS trip?
When you receive an UberEATS trip request, the screen will say “UBEREATS” at the top:
1. RECEIVING AN UBEREATS TRIP REQUEST
When you accept an UberEATS trip request, you will be directed towards the restaurant to pick up the food.
When you arrive at the restaurant you will see the pick up instructions* that guide you to the best place to wait.
*Please note: These pick up instructions are only visible when you are in the Uber app (important if you are using an alternative navigation provider such as Google Maps).
2. NAVIGATION USING GOOGLE MAPS
Delivery partners have recommended using Google Maps for bicycle deliveries. To set it up for yourself, follow these instructions:
Before you go online
- Download/install Google Maps for your smartphone device
When online (see right)
- After accepting an UberEATS request, swap to Google Maps
- Enter the address into the destination bar
- Select navigation (bottom right button)
- Tap the 3 dots in the upper right corner
- Turn Cycling ON
- Tap ROUTE OPTIONS and toggle REMEMBER SETTINGS to ON
3. VERIFY FOOD ITEMS
When the restaurant is handing over the food, click on the “VERIFY ITEMS” button and you will see the following screen (See image to right)
We suggest that you verbally confirm the items on the “VERIFY ORDER” screen are in the bag that the restaurant is handing you. Once you have confirmed the order, click “YES” to confirm all items are accounted for.
4. COMPLETE YOUR UBEREATS TRIP
Only when you verify the items will you be able to swipe right to START TRIP Once you have started the trip, you will be directed to the drop off location where the eater will be waiting. We recommend continuing to use Google Maps to help navigate to your locatio
You should only end an UberEATS trip when you have handed over the order to the customer. Remember that the UberEATS fare is based on time and distance so you don’t want to miss out by ending the trip too early!
Want to contact someone on the trip?
There are three parties that you can contact during an UberEATS trip:
1. The restaurant
The restaurant, before you have started the trip and if you have any issues with the PICK UP only. Restaurant = SENDER in the Contact section of the app.
2. The eater
The eater, after you have started the trip and if you have any issues with the DROP OFF only. Eater = RECIPIENT in the Contact section of the app.
If you cannot contact the restaurant or the eater, you can contact Uber.
Who to contact if you are having issues with picking up the order?
You should only ever contact the restaurant if you are having issues with picking up the order from the restaurant.
You should NEVER call the eater in this situation – preparing the order is out of their control!
If the restaurant cannot help you, then you should contact Uber.
Who to contact if you are having issues with dropping off the order?
You should only ever contact the eater if you are having issues with dropping off the order.
You should NEVER call the restaurant in this situation – finding the eater is out of their control!
If you cannot contact the eater, then you should contact Uber.
How do you contact Uber?
The UberEATS hotline is 1 800 464 036 – we suggest you save this number in your mobile.
Please note we will only answer questions about a LIVE UBEREATS TRIP.
For all other queries, please let us know via typing your issue through the support function in the app or email us at email@example.com and we will get back to you.
Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively drop in to visit our Uber Greenlight Hub at:
UberEATS Greenlight Hub
- 98 Foveaux St, Surry Hills
- Monday - Friday | 11:00am - 6:00pm
- Saturday | 11:00am - 4:00pm